The NoteSwift and Allscripts Partnership
NoteSwift for Allscripts Professional EHR™ is sold and supported by the Allscripts sales and support organizations. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, contact your Allscripts sales executive, or click HERE.
Reduce 100 or More Mouse Clicks and Keystrokes to Fewer than 5!
NoteSwift 3.0 dramatically accelerates patient documentation for providers using Allscripts Professional EHR with Dragon Medical speech recognition.
Use 40% Less Time Completing Patient Notes than with Allscripts Professional Alone.
With NoteSwift, you’ll complete entire patient notes in a fraction of the time it takes you now – in most cases in less than 3 minutes. NoteSwift clients report that spending less time on documentation means they can see more patients every day, have more face-to-face time with their patients, and still get home in time for dinner.
Comparing Use of Allscripts Alone vs NoteSwift
Allscripts Professional EHR
Elapsed Time (sec.)
Elapsed Time (sec.)
Difference in Time
Assessment & Plan
An entire patient note completed with NoteSwift in just one click and less than 3 minutes!
Navigate Through the Note Using the Same Words in the Allscripts Professional User Interface
- Stop getting lost in layers of menus and screens. Let NoteSwift do the navigating for you.
- If you want to jump to a different section of the note, just say it and you’ll be taken there automatically.
- Use speech instead of clicking on buttons.
- Check boxes are automatically filled in by speaking the word associated with it.
Enter Structured Data and Narrative Text via Natural Speech
- Use just your voice to place structured data into the correct fields. NoteSwift links the narrative details with the structured data, enhancing the overall clarity and completeness of the chart.
- NoteSwift’s Alias utility lets you substitute a custom word or phrase as a shortcut for your most frequently used notations.
Reason for Visit
- Streamlined entry of Reason for Visit, with voice-activated auto look-up of complaints.
- Enter multiple findings in a single voice stream without the need to repeat “Next finding.” Entries are made via natural dictation, so that “Week: 2” becomes “2 weeks ago.”
- Just say the complaint and NoteSwift searches for it. No need to use “Search for” or “Look up” commands.
ROS and Exam / Assessment & Plan
- Speak current medications into Assessment & Plan instead of time-consuming manual entry.
- Create bookmarks to instantly navigate to folders/items with a single voice command.
- New “Show Alias” command prompts you with a list of the shortcuts you’ve created.
- Mark findings as “significant” by voice rather than clicking.
Prescribe in Less than 5 Seconds!
- Enter prescriptions exactly as you would say them. Simply say the drug name, strength, dosage, days, quantity and refills. In less than 5 seconds your e-prescription is ready to be sent to the patient’s local or mail-order pharmacy.
- No clicks for liquid medications, just say exact med and strength.
- Includes top 100 med aliases, as well as combo drugs from Medi-Span.
Reason for Visit and Histories
- Use natural language flow to enter multiple values and findings just by saying “knee pain, swelling, locking,” without having to manually jump to each field of the note.
- When searching, just say the complaint and NoteSwift will automatically search and look up.
Reduce Reimbursement Denials and Delays
- Eliminate mistakes caused by “slipping while clicking” on dropdown menus.
Fewer clicks mean fewer errors.
- Accurate coding helps you minimize reimbursement denials and delays.
Meet Meaningful Use Requirements
- Allergies, attributes, tobacco use, diagnosis/relation entered as structured and discrete data.
- ICD-10 codes are entered via natural speech.
System Specifications and Requirements
- Allscripts Professional EHR versions 14, and 15 supported.
- NoteSwift works in Allscripts Hosted, RDP, Citrix or local environments.
- Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 supported.
- Minimum computer requirements: Intel® Core™ i3 4110 or higher (or AMD equivalent), 4 GB RAM.
Hear a Testimonial from Office Manager Tuesday Lord
To request a live NoteSwift demo geared towards your practice, email email@example.com, or contact your Allscripts account representative.